Maintenance and Inspections Management
In its 12 chapters, this book covers the following topics:
- Technical & Marine Depts: Procedures for Planned & Occasional / Emergency Inspections and Maintenance on Annual Basis, Onboard All Managed Vessels.
- Legislatory Frames for Inspections of Existing Ships: Class Rules, International Conventions, Audits by 3rd Parties (as Per Applied Management Systems), Plus
Necessity for Remote Surveys (Due to Pandemic).
- Entities / Stakeholders Involved in Inspections & Maintenance on Worldwide Basis: Class, Flag, Charterers, P&i Club, PSC, Oil Majors, Rightship, Etc.
- Description and Analysis of All Tasks Duties Responsibilities Authorizations of Assigned Technical & Marine S/es , (Plus Onboard Top 4 Officers) for Planned & Occasional Inspections / Maintenance.
- How the Planned Inspections and Maintenance Are Scheduled & Organized, in Relation to Purchase Orders for Spares and Other Consumables, With the Assistance of Procurement Officers ( Full ILS Application)
- Daily Works of Technical & Marine Superintendents (S/e): Forms & Checklists to Be Used / Processed and Records to Be Collected From Assigned Vessels, With the Assistance of Technical Administrator.
- Onboard Class Inspections (Including CSM Examples) to Issue All Class and Statutory Certificates, Plus R.o. Audits (Relevant to Maintenance) With References to the 4 Different Types of Applicable Maintenance Schemes (Class Approved).
- Description & Analysis of Occasional Inspections by PSC Officers (Worldwide, From Various MOUs), or After Damages / Emergencies (by Insurance Companies).
- Onboard Inspections and Maintenance With Assistance of Service Engineers Of the Equipment Makers / Vendors, Plus Training of Vessels’ Engineers.
- Makers’ Instructions Circulars Bulletins (for Their Installed Equipment), Affecting Inspections / Maintenance, Troubleshooting , Plus Recorded
Performances (Before / After Repairs).
- “Planned Maintenance System” (PMS) and “Condition Based Maintenance ” (CBM), As to Be Applied Onboard (Including Crew Training): Description of Main Contents & Provisions, Plus Class Approvals.
- The Significant Role / Use of Chemical Analysis Results (to Prevent Damages Onboard), Affecting Different Working Liquids : Fuels, Luboils, Hydraulics, Tailshaft Luboil, F.w. Cooling for M/e & Boiler Feed Water.